Previously Implemented Programmes by BEPC
The Council has already successfully implemented following programmes towards its continuous effort to bring primary as well as elementary education to rural and semi-urban masses, especially to girls, disabled and children of deprived and downtrodden section of the society of the State of Bihar:
- 1. Bihar Education Project (BEP)
- 2. District Primary Education Programme (DPEP)-III
- 3. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- 4. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan-Right to Education (SSA-RTE)
- 5. National Programme for Education of Girls at Elementary Level (NPEGEL)
- 6. Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya( KGVB)
- 7. School Sanitation and Hygiene Education (SSHE)
- 8. Bihar Education Quality Mission (BEQM)
Samagra Shiksha: It is a sector-wide development programme which subsumes the then existing Centrally Sponsored Schemes of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE) to help harmonising the implementation mechanisms and transaction costs at all levels. The Integrated Scheme envisages the ‘school’ as a continuum from pre-school, primary, upper primary, secondary to senior secondary levels. The vision of the Scheme is to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education from pre-school to senior secondary stage in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) for Education.
The objectives of Samagra Shiksha
The main outcomes of the Scheme are envisaged as Universal Access, Equity and Quality, Promoting Vocationalisation of Education and strengthening of Teacher Education Institutions (TIEs).
- Provision of quality education and enhancing learning outcomes of students
- Bridging Social and Gender Gaps in School Education
- Ensuring equity and inclusion at all levels of school education
- Ensuring minimum standards in schooling provisions
- Promoting Vocationalisation of education; Implementation of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act 2009
- Strengthening and up-gradation of SCERT and DIET as a nodal agencies for teacher training
As a State Implementation Society, BEPC is currently implementing centrally sponsored programme “Samagra Shiksha”. It has subsumed Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan and Teacher Education. It is a school programme covering education from nursery to class XII.